graver sharpening specifications

TLP

is there a site or book that will list the recipe/faceting diagram for the various types of gravers? got a grs dual angle fixture with my hand pc and am trying to figure it all out. thanks in advance for the help. will be using a mdr faceting machine base for sharpening. will be using round and square carbide graver blanks

Last edited:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I struggled for many, many years trying to get the right "point" for engraving, but it was only when I decided to really study the reasons for certain point geometry that I began to understand the why's and wherefore' s of it all. I'm still studying it, but until you understand the reasoning behind it, you'll only be spinning your wheels, getting nowhere. Oh, you may hit on the perfect point once in awhile, but understanding how you did it will elude you. The information is available on this site and others, and it may take some serious research, but the reward is worth it. Some of the available templates will give you a good start, then you'll start to really understand the concept of how you can grind the points for particular applications.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
use the search feature on the forum. there's also loads of videos available here and on youtube.

Sponsors