GraverMax G8 Air Issues

kayscheible

I bought a gravermax g8 about 5 years ago and it has been working great with my 901 handpiece. About a year ago the air started to stall when I first turn on the unit, and was intermittent. After a few pumps of the foot petal and adjusting the SPM knob, I can get it to work great. Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks!
Kaylei S.

wild willie

I bought a gravermax g8 about 5 years ago and it has been working great with my 901 handpiece. About a year ago the air started to stall when I first turn on the unit, and was intermittent. After a few pumps of the foot petal and adjusting the SPM knob, I can get it to work great. Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks!
Kaylei S.
first the air supply has to be free of water. i have 3 air filters between the compressor and the base unit. drain the compressor and the filters regularly. take the 901 apart and clean the piston, chamber with alcohol and lint free cloth, dry and reassemble. no oil or lube of any kind is needed

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It could probably use what auto mechanics call an “Italian tuneup”. Floor the pedal and turn the Strokes Per Minute knob up & down a few times for a minute or so. It won’t hurt anything and might clear whatever’s making it buck and stall.