Grip cap screws

Anyone have a supplier for polished steel screws with a fine straight slot to be used for a grip cap ? Interested in something that will match my polished steel cap material.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It always amazes me that people offer solutions to search for a product that is ill defined.
I will "assume" you are looking for a screw similar to the ones that come with a Dressel style grip cap, but that could be wrong.
a. Is your cap home-made or a commercial one? If home-made, have you drilled the hole yet?
b. Do you want a dome headed screw or one with a flat top and sides that can be recessed into the cap.
c. Of the above, what are the dimensions you need--head size, screw size and length, wood or machine threads.

Given this info, I "might" be able to recommend a specialty maker who has such a screw. Pictures of the cap always help if available.

DKanger, sorry for my lack of information. A grip cap will be my very first attempt at engraving , I'm restoring the finish on my Blaser F3 wood and thought a grip cap would be a great addition to the project. This has triggered my interest in the art , and want to do my own , with what I have on order for tools , I could have purchased one engraved for less, I'm sure you know the feeling. Being uneducated in the field ,I just expected a product specifically available for my indever. I have no holes drilled or even the material for my grip cap. It's a rather large cap 2.0 x 1.5 inches , larger than any metal cap blanks on the market. I truly appreciate your response to my search. M Scrather

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have 3 different ones suitable for your application. From left to right,
mild steel, dome head,
stainless steel, dome head,
mild steel, English flat head.
Pick one and I'll mail it to you.
The first two take a standard countersink. The last one requires a correct sized, 60 degree countersink. screws.jpg

Latest posts

Sponsors