Grs handpiece compatible with other mfrs?

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
nothing to offer other than to say that back in the day, 8 lug Ford wheels would fit Chevy but Chevy wouldn't fit Ford...............

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I too have asked the question, if GRS handpieces would run on the Enset, as good as I think the Enset itself is, I personally dislike the eroganomics of that large handpiece. Maybe somebody who as access to both machines could do a test, as I am sure others have considered this.

Last edited:

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
A few years back I built my own air pulse machine (NOT one of the cannibalized air compressor machines you see on you tube) that used a digital timer and solenoid valve so that I could go from a single air pulse up to around 1,000 pulses per minute with my GRS handpiece. It worked fine. I'm pretty sure my machine was similar to the Enset in operation.

bamabubba

A few years back I built my own air pulse machine (NOT one of the cannibalized air compressor machines you see on you tube) that used a digital timer and solenoid valve so that I could go from a single air pulse up to around 1,000 pulses per minute with my GRS handpiece. It worked fine. I'm pretty sure my machine was similar to the Enset in operation.

I know that I'm reviving an old thread, but could you give me your opinions on the cannibalized air compressors, etc.? I'd love to know more about the system you built.

Thanks!
Brandon

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the units do work. who knows how long the little 20 dollar compressors will work.the one i made ( just for the heck of it) has enough power to do jewelry, coins, and most any soft metal. i never tried mine on steel . fwiw, in my opinion, they are superior to the big toys only in price. as for real power, i'm not sure any of the homebrewed rigs really have it. ymmv

Sponsors