Announcement: "Guinevere" : folder knife-jewelry

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
I just finished an interesting (in my opinion) knife-jewelry

"Guinevere" : folder knife-jewelry(necklace)

(click on photos to enlarge)

GENERAL INFORMATION: weight 46 gr(1.62 ounce), Total length 115mm(4 1/2"), width 37 mm(1 1/2"), Length folded 65mm(2 1/2"), complete hand engraved with Celtic motives ;

BLADE: steel T5MO, 55 HRC, length 50mm(2 "), width 23mm(9/10 "), thickness 1.5mm, metal engraving ;

HANDLE: bronze, "muscular" locking system (It works by gently pressing on the handle by hand), metal engraving ;

SHEATH: walnut(Juglans regia), inlaid with insert of boxwood(buxus), openwork carving, wax finish and french polich

first sketch- picture

principle of work:

The knife is inspired and devoted to the famous Queen of Camelot

This was :tiphat:

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Evgeni, your artistry and craftsmanship is truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing it with us.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Evgeni,Always enjoy seeing your beautiful work a the forums,keep up the good work.:thumbsup: J.J.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Absolutely brilliant design and execution! Thanks for the animation, I was uncertain as to how the knife folded into the sheath.

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat: Wow, beautiful work, Evgeni:thumbsup:! The Celtic knot design works perfectly for engraving, as well as for fine carving, very nice! My congratulations, greetings Paulie:beerchug:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Eveni,

While beautifully designed and crafted, your piece still retains that hand wrought look that is perfect for an objet d'art related to the Arthurian legend. :tiphat:

Roger