Ham & gravy

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Converstation with Abigail yesterday evening.

Abigail: "What ya reading about?"
Sam (mumbling): "Hand engraving."
Abigail: Ham and gravy?

It just struck us funny how much "hand engraving" and "ham & gravy" sound alike.

Or maybe it was just us.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
oh, the joys of growing older as a couple. here's a hint: YOU always mumble. Her hearing will be perfect until the day she dies. get used to it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
baloney ! alls you need sam, maybe a 6 month vacation on the french riviera. maybe italian would be better. i'll see to it that all the members chip in.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My wife hears with a cochlear implant and I have a high frequency hearing loss from years of shooting, other things that go "boom", snowmobile racing, motorcycles, crawler tractors, high pressure steam boilers, model airplane engines, loud music... (I started wearing hearing protection too late).

So, that sort of thing happens quite often around here. :)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm the deaf one in our family. Abigail's hearing is perfect. It was my mumbling, but I plan to use "ham & gravy" when talking about our art. For instance, Sam Welch is is great at ham & gravy.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ham and gravy = hand engraving, its like Cockney rhyming slang. For example; "Tit for tat" = hat but is shortened to "titfer." Another example is "dog and bone" = phone.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sounds like this morning's breakfast, with some biscuits thrown in.

Bill

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
sorry, sam. i maid a big muhsteak. go to the nearest clinic, and see if yer qualified ( permitted) to visit any public plaice, foreign or domestic. actually i'm in the same boat as you. a few years using explosives, competitive shooting for maybe 50 years, and 46 years of marriage. the toll is cumulative !