Hello, everybody!

Wiseman501

Hello to all!

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Dylan Tilley, and I work in the Baltimore/DC area as a jeweler, watchmaker, and gemologist. More details in my profile.

I have always used gravers for my stone setting and some decorations, but have recently become enamored with the world of artistic engraving, inlay, deep relief, sculpting, etc. and want to eat up everything I can, as I've done with my other skill sets.

I have joined a waiting list for one of Sam's classes and purchased some of his study materials to help in my self-guided practice, but what I need to find now is someone in the vicinity of Maryland with whom I can work and learn.

Is there anyone in my area that would be willing to barter knowledge for knowledge, or to utilize my services in return for some coaching? I'm looking for something once every week or two where I can "sweep the floors" and offer up whatever I can out of my bag of tricks to learn what's in yours.

I do run a business, so I can't take on a "job" per se, but hands on practice in a work environment is a vital part of learning a skill and locking it in, so if there's anyone on the forum that would like to talk more about this, feel free to reply to this thread or PM me. I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for reading, and nice to meet you all!

-DT

P.S.

I know nobody wants a rank greenhorn making messes in their shop, so what I'm about to say isn't a boast, but I have an extensive resume and attained some of the highest qualifications available in my other skills. If you're interested, I'll make sure you don't regret having me around.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors