Hi to All

Jim-Iowa

Elite Cafe Member
Jim Dannels here, I don't know anything about engraving but want to learn.
Am building my first Muzzleloading rifle now and engraving will be part of the process. Cody reccomended this site,so I'm in.....

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hello Jim, and welcome to the Cafe! Feel free to ask question and get advice. There are a lot friendly engravers here that'll be happy to help.
~Sam

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Jim,
LOT'S of good info here, and a few longrifle builders also, myself included in that crowd. Some of the work ,(engraving) you see here will blow you away, its phenomenal!
Kent

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello Jim,

Too bad we were all not on the cafe about 2 months ago. I probably drove right past your house in late October on my way out to Sam's class in Kansas. I could have dropped by for coffee and engraving talk.... Maybe next spring - I'll be on my way past again in May. :)

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Jim, welcome aboard. The people here are extremely generous in the sharing of their knowledge. We'll learn alot.

Cody

Last edited:

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
welcome aboard jim i will try to add my 2 cents in answering your questions . you have come to the right place , here there are a bundle of very talented and fantastic engravers with loads of advise for you .. ron p.

Jim-Iowa

Elite Cafe Member
Thank You all for the hearty welcome

Or as my mother would say, thank you's guy's
More than anything I'll probably lurk and be in awe of your work.
Tira I am just about a mile off I-80 in this sleepy little bedroom community.
Would welcome the opportunity to share a cup of coffee with you if our schedules work out
I'll have to start off slowly, probably with an optivisor,ball vise and a few handdriven tools. Yes I have seen from reading back posts that a mocroscope will be needed. But I'd rather start scratching than wait till I can afford all the really cool tools.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,

I used to live just off I-80 in Omaha when my husband was stationed at Offutt AFB. Don't worry about the microscope too much. There is a lot you can do now and the equipment will come as you practice. I didn't have a scope for the first 9 years or so. Remember for many years engraving was done by hammer and chissel with very little magnification.

Latest posts

Sponsors