Critique Request honest critique on progress

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
I have pictured the first coin I did from nearly 2 years ago, that I was very proud of and, one that I did yesterday. I find myself not showing the first to anyone anymore so yesterday I decided to remake the piece. While they are nearly 2 years apart I've only had unlimited access to the equipment for the past 8-9 months while not working or doing home projects so very limited practice time compared to the amount that I would have liked but decent time none the less I would like honest opinions and critiques so that I can get even better. I look at super elaborate detailed masterpieces and don't think I will never be that good but rather I would love to get that good so anything from those of you with more experience or more talent than myselves I take to heart and strive to do better. I am aware the skulls aren't anatomical especially the jaw area but I did not have a picture the first time around and to keep it more fair I did the same this time around as well. So it is all from memory

Attachments

• PicsArt_06-24-03.57.46.jpg
    PicsArt_06-24-03.57.46.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 141

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm in no position to offer critique, but I can say your "vision" has greatly improved.

monk

Staff member
improved but the teeth in the last one seem to recede rather than project outwards.

monk

Staff member
at the viewing angle, i think maybe 2 or 3 fewer teeth would improve it. if you're brave enough, you could overlay or inlay a bit more material to do that. your sculpting shows very good control to allow a good 3d effect. the finish is good and smoothe.