HOW TO CREATE A GAME SCENE USING PHOTOSHOP Part 2

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

ARRANGE AND SIZE.
If you now click the eyes off on the layers one by one you'll see the birds disappear, it's a good idea to double click on the Background Layer name and give the birds names so that you know what is where.
I'm going to move and resize my No 2 bird, so I click the eyes off on the other two. Don't forget YOU CAN'T WORK ON A LAYER UNLESS IT'S SELECTED AND BLUE!
It's a bit too big so.....Edit > Transform > Scale. Holding down Shift and dragging any of the corners will scale up / down uniformly. Ok, i've reduced it, now i'm going to rotate it a little, Edit > Transform > Rotate. Grab any of the corners and rotate. Double click in the centre to apply.

I'm going to do this with the other two birds and then position them where I think they will look good. To do this, click to show all of the eyes, select the 'Move' tool and move one bird at a time by selecting the corresponding Layers.
If the birds lack definition, one at a time click, Image > Adjustments > Autolevels. and then, Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp mask.
Tick Preview, set Radius to 1.9 and slide the Amount until the bird looks ok, but don't overdo this one.
This is where I usually stop, print it off and draw a background scene in from imagination.....But, if you've no imagination, :lol: Try this.

BACKGROUND SCENE.
Import the scene as before, drag it into the picture with the 'Move' Tool, Drag Layer 1 to just above 'Background Copy' and name it 'Scene'

Edit > Transform > Scale. This time drag the side of it to fit, use the 'Move' tool to realign, etc.

Latest posts

Sponsors