How to transfer any image on metal

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
Great video. Thanks for making it.

Can you provide a list of materials that are used? For example, is the clear tape special, and what is the fluid that you apply to the surface? Do you use an inkjet or a laser printer?

zahar

Elite Cafe Member
Laser printer. Any adhesive tape that can lift toner. And solvent. I didn’t experiment, but I think he should be strong.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
it would have to be printed on some sort of coated paper (silicone parchment?), because you can't just lift an image off plain paper with tape, regardless of the printer type- inkjet or laser.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I have transferred from parchment paper without the tape. I think I used prismacolor marker or TW's transfer solution. I know it was one or the other but don't remember because it is not my usual method. 100% of toner transferred without the tape.

zahar

Elite Cafe Member
[QUOTE = "Tattooedandengraving, post: 227790, member: 14268"] Какой растворитель использовался? [/ QUOTE]
I think it doesn't matter.Take strong.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My main problem with using parchment was that the toner was so fragile it flaked off with a stern look. I even tried rubbing the paper with acetone to improve adhesion, which helped a little, but it was still almost impossible to use without damaging the image. I finally gave up. Maybe using an intermediate tape transfer would be better than trying to go straight from parchment to metal?

Latest posts

Sponsors