Introducing my self new to engraving

Si si

I’ve been reading through this sites forum since I’ve started to learn on my own how to engrave a year ago. And without doubt I’ve learned a lot from everyone here. Thank you all! I’ve worked 20 years in commercial construction as a pipe fitter and loved everyday in the trade. Right before I turned 40 I was at work one second and the next thing I knew I awoke in the hospital. I was unable to walk and no one knew what was going on with me. Long story short they determined I had multiple sclerosis along with some unknown matter in my drain outside of the MS. It’s been 4 years since then and extreme hardships, life style changes etc but mostly on my family and kids. Depression of course comes with all of the above but when I seen a knife and a coin that was engraved my life changed no bs I fell in love with engraving. Since I’ve set out to learn and one day master this craftsmanship my life has positively changed. No longer able to provide for my family and having the wife now take on the Financial responsibility I’ve been unable to go buy all the tools but I’ve been determined. Almost everything is homemade reading this forum and watch YouTube videos. Last week I just finished my first coin which is in the pictures as well as my setup of my bench and tools. Again thank all of you that take the time to post and teach via this site if you were to meet me in person you’d understand how much greatness you’ve bestowed upon me and family giving me such joys of life and wellbeing that I had lost thank you all. 85745F6C-89B6-4015-96C2-5C760BFC76E1.jpeg 8BE55E9C-A9C9-4F41-9F0D-B8CC6685E679.jpeg 9842003A-A31D-4487-B5BA-F3CD365A2650.jpeg 5C6214CC-6314-4028-A91F-3E97A8EAF4F7.jpeg E658AEB9-9188-41CD-9288-EE0EDC8B63A0.jpeg

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sky,I see your engraving tool set up and the coin you carved your of to a good start keep us posted. J.J.

monk

Staff member
welcome to the forum. sounds like you have had a very difficult time in adjusting. only a very strong person can survive such a shocking change in their life and find satisfaction. you seem to have done that .
for a first coin, i'd say it is xcellent i esp. like the finish on the skull. it works nicely with your background treatment.
what/how did you achieve the finish on the skull ? looks perfectly smooth. tyvm for sharing.

Si si

Thanks to everyone above who respond.
Monk I used some old jewelry sanding stone I got at a garage sale and finished it off with Gun blue. I really want to get into gun engraving especially with all my guns that just want to be engraved lol. I also would like to do some jewelr.

monk

Staff member
Thanks to everyone above who respond.
Monk I used some old jewelry sanding stone I got at a garage sale and finished it off with Gun blue. I really want to get into gun engraving especially with all my guns that just want to be engraved lol. I also would like to do some jewelr.
you surely are on the path. enjoy the journey.

Latest posts

Sponsors