Inverting text

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
on an iMac opening pretty much any image file brings up a Tools option in the top row of pull-down menus. Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical will do what you want.

the slightly more low-tech method is copying/printing on a transparency, then copying that thru the back side.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for the responses. I used Mitch's low tech method for this job and low tech is always better for me. I found a tutorial of how to do it in word I could flip every way but horizontal.
Thanks again, Leland

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You're welcome, Leland, glad to be of assistance.

I still use the transparency trick for some things, it depends. Since that stuff is expensive ($2/sheet?), I reuse it as much as possible by positioning whatever needs printed/copied next in a blank space of the transparency and running it thru again. I've got a couple sheets that have been used half a dozen times.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Mitch, I switched to Fixxon transparency film around 30 bucks for 100 sheets. The thing is I have better transfer with it than pictorico film, your mileage may vary.
Thanks

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I just ordered some of the fixxonfilm..............good to have comparisons. thanks Flint

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
since i use it so seldom, rather than buying a 100 sheet pack for like $40(?), i just buy 10 blank 'copies' from Office Depot for $2 ea. yeah, it's much more expensive per sheet, but i save $20 and get about a 5 yr supply.

btw- i just use the plain laser transparency stuff for reversing images, making smokeprints for restoration work, etc., not the type for direct transfers like Pictorico.

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Mitch, I remember the laser print post now, and yep I probably have a lifetime supply of film. I don't use it often. The fixxon sheets worked perfect for the mirror image though.
Thanks

kpattie

I use microsoft word - very budget method a pasted image in word will have the 8 dots surrounding it to resize. To flip: click hold and drag the middle right dot over past the same one on the left if that makes sense. I only do this for practice plates at the moment and sharpen the image.