Is a Stiller Predator Action Engravable

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am going to build a few custom rifles. I know that Shilen and Hart barrels are not to hard. Does anyone know about the hardness of the Stiller actions?

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Never heard of a Stiller Predator Action,do they come barreled with Shilen or Hart barrels and were are they sold and by who? J.J.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stiller actions are sold separately from barrels, stocks, triggers, etc. They are a common component in custom rifles like those from Hill Country Rifles.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Stiller actions are a remington 700 clone. With a fluted bolt. Best thing to do is contact the company and ask them how hard they are. From what I've seen with all their factory stampings there isn't much engraving space. :tiphat:
Sandy

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Sandy. Looking at their picture it doesn't look to bad on stampings, but I haven't seen one in person. Only this image...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359054948.105996.jpg

Idaho Flint

Elite Cafe Member
Rockwell C 38 is pretty soft. Depending on the graver you are using, they are about 54 to 64 Rockwell hardness.
You should be able to cut that without any problems.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
rockwell has more than 1 hardness scale. perhaps the company has a comparison chart available.

Latest posts

Sponsors