Jett Sett Ballistic

Golabekrafts

Hello everyone, I was gifted some Jett sett ballistic, along with a cast iron pitch bowl, I’ve had no problem getting it into the bowl and warm and sticky, however everytime it cools down it becomes loose from the bowl entirely. I realize the amount I have in the bowl isn’t enough yet for this size bowl, but before I decide to purchase more I’d like to be sure that other people also use this material in their pitch bowl for engraving and or raising. It was recommended when my dad purchased the bowl and rubber mount instead of using traditional pitch.

I’ve cleaned the bowl with 800 grit , soap and water and bleach as well in the case that is the problem

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not sure. i quit using my pitch bowl around the same time i quit using my quill pen. for me, there's so many way more efficieent holding techniques. the bowl may be more "romantic" , but will take you more time to earn less money. hot melt glue and a block of wood work well. isopropyl for quick cleanup.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It needs a bit of tooth to bind into.
Use your pitch bowl for pitch. It’s awesome in that application for doing reppousse and chasing.
Score a grid into any block, and your jet set will lock into it.

Latest posts

Sponsors