John Rohner’s collection of chasing hammer heads

DAS

I'm really fascinated by John Rohner’s collection of chasing hammer heads engraved by some of the world’s finest practioners.
I have only found random images and references to some of the collection. Is there a good photo library of the collection crediting the individual artists? Maybe we can crate one in this thread. chasing-hammers-BetsyLehndorff.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i started one. did the face and rim. never did finish it. i think john received it some time ago.

Reactions: DAS

DAS

That’s really nice work Brian.

What was the arrangement? Were you paid to engrave a supplied blank head, or did you just do it for the honour of being asked to be apart of the collection?

Monk, you sent it back unfinished, just a lack of time or motivation?

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
If the power company would accept honor as payment then perhaps I would engrave for honor :) but no I only engrave for money. Jerry Fisher built the hammer, and being I engrave many of Jerry's guns, John asked me to do the engraving.

It was a good intro though, I never really talked with John prior, but after I did this job for him, he would call and we'd visit every so often, he had lived an interesting life, and had many good stories.

Latest posts

Sponsors