Just starting and seeking advice on tools

AlCarve

I am a lapidary and gemstone/jade carver and silversmith and I would like to tackle engraving and add it to my abilities. I am curious about the differences and usability between the different GRS models like the Graversmith and Gravermax G8? I want a machine I can grow with and would not soon wish I had bought a more professional model. I would love to find a good used setup but I just never really see them. What's good but not too outrageous? Thanks so much!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Graversmith will handle 99% of what you want to do. The Gravermax offers more convenience with more ports and an auxiliary port for a turbine handpiece. Both are professional tools. One just has more bells and whistles.
An old Gravermax will do the job as well. Clean units will go on ebay for as little as $500. Or at least they used to last I checked

AlCarve

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the information. I really want to use an air turbine as well so I might need those bells and whistles. I will go search ebay again right now. Thanks