Kansas/Kansas City Engravers

James_Ehlers

Hello all,

I'd like to make a list Kansas and Kansas City area engravers who professionally engrave part time or full time. I want to plan more field trips with my students and perhaps bring some people in to do demonstrations etc. Having a resource list of people would be handy. Please post if you're remotely interested or know of anyone that might. I'd like to do at least one trip to KC in the Fall and maybe one in the Spring. OR if you happen to be in the Emporia area and are available to do a little talk or demo, let me know (the earlier I know. the more easily I can work it into curriculum).

ps - I did a thread search on here to try and find this info and nothing came up.

pss - with all the animated icons available, I felt obligated to at least choose one.:banana:

thanks!

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The GRS instructors are right in Emporia somewhere between 2-5 times a year. I would guess most of them would be willing to help with your students.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I thought of something I can do that might be worth a trip.

My day job now is working at the Cabela's so I'll talk to the Special Events guy and the Gun Library manager to find out what it would take for a group of your students to come in (possibly early) to get some good study pictures of the game mounts and/or get a really good look at some of the hand engraved guns in our Gun Library.

For those interested, click here to get a peek at what I'm talking about. Check out both the photo gallery and the Gun Library links.

You can also see my Moose gallery here

James_Ehlers

Thank for the info. I'll check that stuff out. As far instructors for Glendo I am very aware of their schedules as I work with Glendo. The main issue has been time conflicts. My classes are at the same time as the workshop. We have visited periodically during the workshops, but I'd like to have someone do something specifically for my class.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
James

I was able to check on the general stuff yesterday. Groups of sketchers are no problem, same with general photography. If you want some extra access or to be able to do something more group oriented and/or formal get in touch with the Events guy Jimmie Lopez.

The Gun Library manager wasn't working yesterday so I'll check with him today. That's a smaller space so it's going to be tougher to just ease through in a group. The really nice guns are in the cases and not as easy to see as well as the folks here would like so you're probably going to need to make arrangements for something like having a gun laid out for close inspection. As I said, I'll talk to the Gun Library manager today and see what I can find out on that.

Latest posts

Sponsors