Latest knife learning inlay

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Hi again friends.

Here`s my latest knife project. I still got fantastic help while cutting the bolster from Masterengraver Roger Ronnie. Roger is a marvelous an patient teacher, no doubt about that. This time I have tried som gold inlay and some raised gold inlay on the flower in the middle.

Countless e-mails have been sent between US and Norway during the process from drawing to the final product.

He have been so patient , and I never could do such work without his help. Thank you very much Roger!!!

This was really a challenge for me. Some of the inlay was only 0,15 mm wide. Still a hobby engraver you know:)

:graver:

Hope you like it

Jørn-Ove

14042021.jpg Drawing
kniv 300421-1.jpg
Main cuts with background revmoval before undercutting for gold
holk 120521.jpg
Some shading done
kniv-22.07.2021-2.jpg
Final result
holk 121021.jpg
Close up

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ummm. i cant wait till you turn pro. that should be something to behold.

Adder

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for really nice feedback folks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Really aprreciate feedback from you. Of course negative ones too, but only if they aren`t too bad:D.

I know I probably "bended some rules" how a scroll should look like, but designing a pattern is sadly a big issue for me. After many efforts with pencil and paper, this pattern was in my opinion the best alternative.

and Monk, I probably never turn out to bee a pro, I`m too slow and therefore I can`t afford it:D:D:D

Regards
Jørn-Ove

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thank you all for really nice feedback folks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Really aprreciate feedback from you. Of course negative ones too, but only if they aren`t too bad:D.

I know I probably "bended some rules" how a scroll should look like, but designing a pattern is sadly a big issue for me. After many efforts with pencil and paper, this pattern was in my opinion the best alternative.

and Monk, I probably never turn out to bee a pro, I`m too slow and therefore I can`t afford it:D:D:D

Regards
Jørn-Ove
well, the quality of your piece smacks of professionalism. engraving is not a race. with practice, one can learn of techniques and simple time saving tricks that do lessen the time needed to do quality work.

Latest posts

Sponsors