Leaf Script

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
I just love the look of Leaf Script so I thought I would try it .My shading could be alot better, but I havn't done much shading yet. Just thought I would post it ,your comments are welcome. Sorry for the quality of pictures.:)

Attachments

• 100_0200 (Small).jpg
    100_0200 (Small).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_0199 (Small).jpg
    100_0199 (Small).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_0198 (Small).jpg
    100_0198 (Small).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0204 (Small).jpg
    100_0204 (Small).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_0201 (Small).jpg
    100_0201 (Small).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 180

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Did you draw these or are they from a book? I was going to transfer one for practice but it was faster to draw it than scan one into the computer and going through all that.

I like the W, shading looks fine from what I can tell. I'm still shading that PQ from my post. For some reason, probably just inexperience, it takes me a long time to shade fine line style. You're fast man.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have to admit, after reading the tutorial and drawing it which is really what I was after, learning to see it in my head and put it to paper, it is the most fun I've had so far engraving. It was a hoot!

Somehow it tripped a switch in my noggin and gave me a feeling of accomplishment, which was much needed after all that background removal on the last project:eek: .

If I learned this much from a mere tutorial, just imagine what knowledge could be gained from a week long class with Sam! (shameless plug) I need to work the calendar and vacation time out to go take a class, this self taught stuff is ok but I could be much further along after a class. Someday soon...

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Yes taking a class is a big shot in the arm that can boost your abilities faster
than any other way I know of. But don't forget the dvd's,they are almost as good as taking a class ,and you can watch them over and over. Combine them with books , and plastic cast, and the learning curve can shorten quite a bit.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I just love the look of Leaf Script so I thought I would try it .My shading could be alot better, but I havn't done much shading yet. Just thought I would post it ,your comments are welcome. Sorry for the quality of pictures.:)

I'd love to comment on the engraving but I can't see it! Looks like another photography tutorial is in the near future ;)

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
William
Good start from what I can see. I fing the shading the most difficult part keep on chipping away.:)