Learning location

Smithec

Hello I'm wanting to try metal engraving, but I don't want to buy the parts yet untill I know it's something I want to do. My job is having me move to North Carolina, I was wondering if there is a school or teacher in the state that I can get in contact with to see if they will allow me to try it first before I decide to do metal engraving or not.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, I'm not gonna be any help. I'm in Asheville, which is 270 miles away. Sorry!

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Me either, I'm in Eden, north of Greensboro just 4 miles from the NC/VA border. Good luck, I'm sure someone here is close to Fayetteville.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Me either, I'm in Eden, north of Greensboro just 4 miles from the NC/VA border. Good luck, I'm sure someone here is close to Fayetteville.

oooh, you're not far from VIR...

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
oooh, you're not far from VIR...
Yep. Great place! I raced ModLites in Florida for years but never got to race at VIR except to try their challenging cart track several years ago at a corporate fundraiser. The younger guys were a lot faster than me but I had over 150 pounds on them. I was over 300 then, beat them in the corners but they pulled away after the curves! A lot of fun.

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
way back when i had more time and money...
327.jpg

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
Im living in Elizabeth City...if you are up this way, I'll be happy to let you "try before you buy". Im only 207 miles away...northeastern area of NC. Send a PM if you are interested.
You got me really excited for a second I live in ElizabethTOWN ky, theres a local engraver but I've talked with him a few times about meeting up and it never happens, I dont want to keep bugging him.

Latest posts

Sponsors