Leather Stamping Tools

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
These are 2 leather stamping tools I made in the shop. I used them to basket stamp the belt in the background. The pattern is copied from some other Mcmillian stamps that I have. The stamps were made from Gomph/Hackbarth tool blanks. Because the tools are only used for leather I do not heat treat them.

Attachments

• DSCF0488.jpg
    DSCF0488.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 271

lesholmes

Elite Cafe Member
Beautifully done. I hope I will not sound disrespectful if I ask if you are aware the Tandy Leather company is reasrected? They have many inexpensive tools available. In Montgomery, Alabama, we have a local store. I am sure the manager would send you a free copy of his catalog if you send me your mailing address by private mail. (lester@lesterholmes.com)

Regards,

Les Holmes

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the offer Les. I have a catalog from Tandy. I love going into a Tandy store. Unfortunately I am not close to any. Truth be known, I love going into any stores that have tools. I don't get the chance to make little tools very often but I find it very gratifying. I have stripped the chrome off of Tandy's tools and modified them somewhat in the past. It is amazing how the slightest change to an embossing tool will alter the stamped piece.

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
I was given a huge box of leather carving tools... I've never had the time to give it a stab... I will someday. I would very much like to make a tooled flowered pattern pancake holster for my engraved Peacemaker.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors