Announcement: Leica A60 microscope review by Sam

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
David,

What is yours sitting on now?

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

Carlos - my Leica scope sits on the stand that came with it when I purchased it from Tira. It has a lot of flexibility and is great for large items. But, when I am working on watches and other small items I attach my Leica to my old simple Amscope stand. For me that seems to be more solid especially because I have a bad tendency to press my eyes into the scope.

rodsta

Elite Cafe Member
I bought the Leica A60 from Tira a few years ago and will say that the arm she sold with it allows me great mobility as I swing it over my engraving setup and also use it over my jeweler's bench with just a swing of the arm. It saved me from having to have 2 separate mounts/scopes and use it for everything from sawing with a jeweler's saw to using the flex shaft and over my watchmaker's lathe. It is a great scope, great setup and a joy to use.

Rod

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not trying to hijack Sam's thread but I thought it was a good place for it.
I have always used a copy holder with my stand so I can refer to the animal I am engraving. It has worked great for years but I thought I would step up to the 21st century. I now have an 8" tablet as my copy holder. It works FANTASTIC! You get a much sharper image to view and you can zoom in or out as needed. I just have a sheet of Lexan on the stand and clip the tablet on with those large paper clips.
Rex,

I do the same thing but to my tv monitor next to my bench I connect my ipad to it.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rex,

I do the same thing but to my tv monitor next to my bench I connect my ipad to it.

The reason I love the tablet (or even picture) right there is you actually don't take your eyes off of the scope. Just roll them up to see the picture and back down to engrave.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
image.jpg ZZ here is a head rest idea YMMV a Manfrotto Magic friction arm. Camera shops have them. Still I made the headrest bow part:thumbsup:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've got the cup holder. No beer cooler, I just have a Keurig machine integrated into the GraverMach.... :)

Aurifex

I have the A60F version and love it for stone work. I have a 0.75/0.63/0.5 objective lenses. But i was not told i needed an extension ring. I will have to get one. Maybe a new stand too. Thanks for the information.

Omar Haltam

Elite Cafe Member
I bought the Leica A60F from Tira a year and a half ago and it has been great. I have it on my bench in my kiosk inside the Mall and use it for Engraving, stone setting and also for watch repair. The Focus on it is incredible, and you can zoom in and out with no issues, and like Sam explained the working area is just fantastic for what we do. I give an A+ from me, and I want to thank Tira for helping me with all my questions I had when I made the purchase, she is a wonderful person to deal with

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
Sam: What is the magnification range, as in low to high. The Meiji with a .5 lens is 3.5 to 22.5 power. Is the Leica comparable in power or is it less or more powerfull than the Meiji?

mrthe

i have to condsidere one of this the day that i will back engraving, thank you Sam for the great review!

Latest posts

Sponsors