Question: Lindsay Air Chasing Graver or Bench Jewel

Suprchikn

I am just starting out. I was wondering what system would be best to use, the air chasing graver or the bench jewel? Any input would be great and thank you so much.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
I am just starting out. I was wondering what system would be best to use, the air chasing graver or the bench jewel? Any input would be great and thank you so much.
I advise first putting your general location on your Cafe bio.
There may be an engraver in your area that has these tools and would let you try them before you invest a lot of money in the wrong thing.
I have had the privilege of teaching over 600 beginning engravers.
And started them all out with about $200 worth of tools, hammer, chisel and push tools.
Some stayed with hammer and chisel and still use them. Other moved to power assist later, some just quit.
But they learned the basic skill with low cost and great tools, before investing a lot of $$$.
Be sure you have the time, can develop the skill and love of engraving before spending a ton of money.
Believe me, no tool is the magic wand. It's all in the skill of the user.
Best of luck with your journey into the word of engraving.

I advise first putting your general location on your Cafe bio.
There may be an engraver in your area that has these tools and would let you try them before you invest a lot of money in the wrong thing.
I have had the privilege of teaching over 600 beginning engravers.
And started them all out with about $200 worth of tools, hammer, chisel and push tools.
Some stayed with hammer and chisel and still use them. Other moved to power assist later, some just quit.
But they learned the basic skill with low cost and great tools, before investing a lot of $$$.
Be sure you have the time, can develop the skill and love of engraving before spending a ton of money.
Believe me, no tool is the magic wand. It's all in the skill of the user.
Best of luck with your journey into the word of engraving.
with any luck you live near a good man like john. if you are near Pittsburgh I would let you try mine but I have a GRS machine

Nucrona

Newbie here. I know what the air chasing graver is but what is the “bench jewel”?

Latest posts

Sponsors