Lindsay airgraver idle?

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Have you thought about asking Steve Lindsay himself at his site???
He's very good at answering technical questions concerning his products.

Daniel29

Think of it as if you run a car. The moment you turn on the preassure is as if you turn the car keys. The airgraver runs now with a tiny amount of air like your car uses a bit of gas. When you increase the amount of air either by palm pushing or with the foot control (depending on if you are use either the classic or artisan) the airgraver runs forward. Like a step on the gas pedal in the car.

You can adjust how strong the idle is. It reaches from very gentle to a very strong idle. For example, when i stipple the background i increase the idle so much until it runs the airgraver without any need of palmpushing or kicking the foot pedal. I hold the airgraver like a pen then and the tool does all the other work by itself.

Alison Harman

Think of it as if you run a car. The moment you turn on the preassure is as if you turn the car keys. The airgraver runs now with a tiny amount of air like your car uses a bit of gas. When you increase the amount of air either by palm pushing or with the foot control (depending on if you are use either the classic or artisan) the airgraver runs forward. Like a step on the gas pedal in the car.

You can adjust how strong the idle is. It reaches from very gentle to a very strong idle. For example, when i stipple the background i increase the idle so much until it runs the airgraver without any need of palmpushing or kicking the foot pedal. I hold the airgraver like a pen then and the tool does all the other work by itself.
Thankyou!!! Didnt seem important enough to bother Steve with and the cafe always comes through in spades!!

Ordered myself a bench jewel setup last night. Added the addition of the stainless piston as well as additional collets. My home built rig can take a break and lay in reserve. Just didnt have the amount of power for cutting down backgrounds. It worked but was being pushed to its limits. Still... a good dependable unit. 20200330_222215.jpg 20200330_222121.jpg

Doctorslava

To increase a power you need a heavier piston. When I started building mine setup, the piston was too heavy and I found it has too much power so after while I made a lighter one. It was still too powerful and I ended up with a very light piston. But I have another handle with a larger piston installed if I need more power.

Alison Harman

To increase a power you need a heavier piston. When I started building mine setup, the piston was too heavy and I found it has too much power so after while I made a lighter one. It was still too powerful and I ended up with a very light piston. But I have another handle with a larger piston installed if I need more power.
Thanks!

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve offers three pistons a standard, tungsten heavy,and a light. I have all three and rarely need the heavy mostly for hogging out back ground.

Alison Harman

Ordered my bench jewel with the standard tungston in it, and an additional stainless piston. Should arrive tomorrow.

Latest posts

Sponsors