Lindsay and GRS

Alberto M

Hi, Im pretty new on the engraving machine stuff, and before I bought one I need to know a few things since the experts are here
Do the Lindsay’s classic holds the grs quick change gravers aswell?
And is it posible to work with it as a hammer handpiece too?
Thanks✌️

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome to the forum. i have the classic. without some sort of adaptor, it will only accept a tool of 3/32 inch in width/height/ overall diameter. the grs gravers will fit if removed from the grs holding fixture. i would advise the grs sharpening device is a better buy. it allows any geometry one would possibly want to use. i use the grs "dual angle" sharpening fixture. the lindsay, tho easy to use, requires a template set for each specific geometry you would want.
what sort of hammer effect are you looking for and in what material ?

Alberto M

Thanks sir, I already bought the apex sharpening system, waiting for a friend to bring it to me on december.
I use around 20 gravers and I was thinking in buy the grs quickchange holders. The Lindsay graver has a simple change also?
I work with platinum, gold and silver, engraving and stone setting under microscope.
I want to use the engraving machine to make a smoother punch on my bazels mainly, and have a more comfortable (short) held for my hand, Ive been using the foredom at the time.
✌️

Latest posts

Sponsors