Announcement: Lindsay classic 101 tungsten piston change

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beware of cleaning the piston and the bore with a little alcohol on a cotton stick before replacing it.
It runs much smoother then, there could be some grease or dirt on your fingers.
So I always wrap the piston in a tisue with alcohol and put it in place without touching it with my fingers.

bildio

Elite Cafe Member
Carlos, thanks for posting this information.

I've had a Palm Control for a couple of years & was never "brave" enough to attempt this. The main reason is that I haven't needed too, but also not knowing which way is clockwise vs. counterclockwise. The manual states -

"Next turn the entire handle counterclockwise one quarter of a turn, and pull straight back to remove the handle."

Is it counterclockwise with the handle facing toward me or with the graver end facing toward me?

Last edited:

mrthe

When you open an airgraver,palm or foot control,ever make it with the graver pointing to the floor,in this way the piston will be safe in the handpice and will not fall down,bildio if you open it in this way you have to move the handpice counterclockwise,all the way you can try the two directions,you can't broke anything,simply disconnect the little pipe connection in one of his point or in the body or in the handle, push the body against the handle a little and turn it,is very easy

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carlos, thanks for posting this information.

I've had a Palm Control for a couple of years & was never "brave" enough to attempt this. The main reason is that I haven't needed too, but also not knowing which way is clockwise vs. counterclockwise. The manual states -

"Next turn the entire handle counterclockwise one quarter of a turn, and pull straight back to remove the handle."

Is it counterclockwise with the handle facing toward me or with the graver end facing toward me?

I am glad I could be of some assistance now according to the turn that you mention I am unaware I just bought my Lindsay classic had it for about a week and my manual states to wiggle back and forth. I'm assuming this step might have been modified.

Carlos De La O III

mrthe

The Palm and the foot control version of the Classic are different in his way to hold the handle, the foot control have a rubber handle that is setted only pushing it, the palm control have atwo slots in the body to hold the oslm control handle and you gave to turn the gandle to open it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
De film is niet meer te zien dat is wel heel jammer, Carlos kan je hem alsnog plaatsen het is wel hele interessante informatie. Groet Caty.
caty: please send your information in english. most members do not understand the language
you typed.