liners in Western bright cut

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I'm rather new to bright cut and I'm not satisfied with the brightness of the cut of the liners. I have put the proper thumb nail curve on them, but the cut is not as bright as I would like. Does any one polish their liners for a brighter cut and if so how do you do it with out making them flat.

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
It would be nice if grs made a leather pad for their sharping system. Mine is home made using an old lapp on my WWW.Raytech-Shaw.com Faceter machine. Variable speed 25 rpm to 1000, water cooling to prevent the tooling from overheating, and completely removes any dust from tool grinding from the air. It increases the lapp life because of the water cooling, and dozens of different diamond lapp grits from 60 to 3000. I use a ceramic lapp with 5000 – 200,000 grit for final polish. Plus, the tooling stand table has vertical adjustment of about 2 inches And if I get P.O. about the engraving I will start to facet a gemstone and make a ring for the wife. It never hurts just to give the wife a nice set of earrings or a ring to help support the cause.:beerchug:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not sure, but is there a lot of "gunk" in the grooves ? if so, that may cause problems.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I polish my graver faces and heels with a cast iron lap treated with .5 micron diamond powder. Crisp, perfect facets with no rounding of the edges. Perfection.

Latest posts

Sponsors