Looking for sulphur free modeling clay

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Any of you know where is the best place to buy sulfur free modeling clay? I changed the silicone rubber I used for mold making a while back. The new rubber is not compatible with regular modeling clay because of the sulfur content of the clay.

I have a few projects I want to make castings of and I need a good source for a couple pounds of sulfur free plasticene at a decent cost.

Any of you sculptors out there have a good source?

Ray

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ray, I was always fond of "Roma Plastilina" clays but I can't determine if they are sulfur-free. I used them with older silicone mold materials but the formulas may have changed too much with the newer products.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I changed to a platinum cure silicone. If the clay has any sulfur in it the mold material doesn't set up right it just makes a nice sticky goo.

Ray

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
THanks DC,

That looks like exactly the stuff I was looking for and their prices look really good too.

Ray

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Michael's, Hobby Lobby and A.C. Moore all have non-sulpher plasticine for a very reasonable price. I can't remember the brand name, but it says right on the package that it is sulfur free. You can get it in many colors.

Latest posts

Sponsors