Question: MAC vs PC for drawing and designing?

Archie Woodworth

Elite Cafe Member
Both will work as many drawing / design applications are cross platforms. It has been my experience (professionals please weight in here) that traditionally MAC has been favored in the graphics industry whereas the PC more for "number crunching". I have used Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat ect.) for years (25 plus). You might consider checking out then following:
AFFINITY products - available for both MAC and PC
Affinity Designer. https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/
Affinity Photo. https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
Additionally, these applications are available on iPad as well.

As I have mentioned in previous post, another attractive feature is that they are NOT subscription based...you purchase the application once unlike Adobe product offerings which are based on monthly charges. Tho there are many others as well. Search this site for additional options.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Mac is hands down the computer for the creative professional. Audio, video, print, graphics, etc. At the end of the day graphics done on a PC are just as good though. I will tell you that I switched from PCs to Macs in 2006 and it's the best computer decision I've ever made, and I can't imagine going back to a Windows machine.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Mac is hands down the computer for the creative professional. Audio, video, print, graphics, etc. At the end of the day graphics done on a PC are just as good though. I will tell you that I switched from PCs to Macs in 2006 and t's the best computer decision I've ever made, and I can't imagine going back to a Windows machine.
i agree with that. i loved xp in conjunction with corel. sadly, i jumped ship, and have never looked back. if corel ever made a mac version, i'd buy it.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I agree with comments but it all boils down to what you currently have, and what you are most comfortable with!

Latest posts

Sponsors