magna graver with flex shaft outfit

Thread starter #1
Just getting back to engraving , I want to do firearms , does anyone use the Foredom powered magna graver on carbon steel, I am looking at that system. I know the magna graver is an impact graver, just wondering how well it will cut steel when driven by low torque motor instead of air.

John B.

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Just getting back to engraving , I want to do firearms , does anyone use the Foredom powered magna graver on carbon steel, I am looking at that system. I know the magna graver is an impact graver, just wondering how well it will cut steel when driven by low torque motor instead of air.
I have one and use it often.
Ray Phillips, the inventor used to do fine work while demoing it at the gun shows. Unfortunately Ray does not get to the shows any more.
The best thing to do for me is to reduce the drag from the flex shaft by hanging the motor on a wire from the ceiling. They have a lot of power and will cut carbon or stainless steel.

Last edited:

edgrabow15

I have one also, love it just make sure you get the high torque lower RPM motor. The SR will burn it out.The LX is what I use with it and it's perfect. I have a complete extra set The motor .foot pedal and engraver I'll be willing to sell if you haven't bought one yet.Good luck.

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
I found I have better control of the speed using the desk top speed controller, it also allows more concentration on the cutting without having to keep my foot in the exact position I need for the speed I want.

Thread starter #5
I have one also, love it just make sure you get the high torque lower RPM motor. The SR will burn it out.The LX is what I use with it and it's perfect. I have a complete extra set The motor .foot pedal and engraver I'll be willing to sell if you haven't bought one yet.Good luck.
Thanks I am looking at buying a new set, from ngraver, it runs $470 with standard magna graver, foot pedal and high torque Foredom motor; i have not pulled the trigger yet but if your selling yours let me know the condition and what you need to get for it.

edgrabow15

Thanks I am looking at buying a new set, from ngraver, it runs $470 with standard magna graver, foot pedal and high torque Foredom motor; i have not pulled the trigger yet but if your selling yours let me know the condition and what you need to get for it.
hi, just saw the message, sorry Im gonna have to renig on the offer, my son just told me he wanted it , he had been slowly getting into engraving and said that he liked the ngraver the best and if he had known I was going to sell it he would have made an offer, $470 is a good price new, the GRS CMAX graver bits fit it nice by the way, good luck.happy holidays

Thread starter #7
hi, just saw the message, sorry Im gonna have to renig on the offer, my son just told me he wanted it , he had been slowly getting into engraving and said that he liked the ngraver the best and if he had known I was going to sell it he would have made an offer, $470 is a good price new, the GRS CMAX graver bits fit it nice by the way, good luck.happy holidays.
Thanks for you help and advice, I did place an order for the magna graver outfit with standard magna graver, the low torque Foredom motor with cable and foot pedal. It was $470. I had a hard time reaching the firm, the phone number just rang and rang, no answering machine either, I finally ended up using a different number than the one on the website and a man answered and took my order. I believe the man was Ray J. Phillips himself. A very nice gentleman. So thanks to the advice I received on this forum i should have my machine in a few weeks. Hope to talk to you guys again. and happy holidays to all of you.

Latest posts

Sponsors