Mauser Bolt Knob

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sweet works, and nice pics. Just finished watching your FEGA dvd. Also very good. Thanks for posting, Seth

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love the relieved & matted borders! I've always killed myself engraving the diamonds up to the edges to avoid filing runovers, but cutting away just down to the depth of the diamonds looks much better. David Miller rifles have raised panels that are so tall you'd have to checker @ 10 LPI to get the same effect (or at least they used to- haven't seen one up close in ages. I know one of his clients that got so annoyed with how sharp it was that he wrapped it with duct tape on a hunting trip.)

Would you mind posting another shot of how you handled this treatment up around the teardrop points? thanks for sharing...

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks folks.
Phil, they are a lot of fun, I just use the old technique of clamping them in lead, not a perfect solution, but it works.
Mitch, those are the only decent pics I have of that job, I will take more next time.
Rod, I had a good trip, two weeks in Java, and two weeks in Mindanao and Mindoro, here are some pics from a long day in Java.

Tea Fields in Java

Sisters

Kids waiting for the bus

At the beach

A coconut

A shell

Art by sandcrab

Sunset

Dinner

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors