Mckenzie style scroll

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
This was something a little different. These are some knife parts that initially were to be engraved by Lynton Mckenzie, however he passed before he got started on them. After that they were lost for about a decade, and only recently made their way back to the maker. In any case they came to me for engraving. So I thought it fitting , just this once, to emulate the Mckenzie style of scrollwork. It was not my goal to execute a line per line exact replica, but just capture the look of his iconic style. The finish is color case hardening done by Turnbulls

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lynton would be honored and proud. Well done Brian!
When he was sick there were makers and customers whose things he had for engraving but he wasn't returning calls, etc. Maybe that's the case with this one. Sure looks good.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I meet a dealer at a gun show many years ago he told me Lynton had his rifle and tried to get it back after his passing but Lynton's wife would't return it. J.J.

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I meet a dealer at a gun show many years ago he told me Lynton had his rifle and tried to get it back after his passing but Lynton's wife would't return it. J.J.

.......and when I talked to that guy the gun had changed to a Purdey and he had pre paid for the engraving:eek:

The story I got was, Lynton's widow found these parts in a box while looking through some stuff, the makers name was on it and she contacted him and returned it. I would speculate that is the case for most of the items in limbo, just misplaced or not labeled, rather than any intended malice.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a beautiful tribute to a gentleman that was legendary in his own time.

Latest posts

Sponsors