Microscope choice

Ryan Lockhart

Hello everyone I'm new to engraving have been studying this art for around 6 months I have bought all the equipment I need apart from a microscope ive been doing as much research as I can on choosing a microscope I understand that Olympus Nikon and all the main brands are the ones to go for but I. Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to which models to go for as I'm a beginner I just want something to get me going I don't want to spend a fortune and just wanted to get some insight into what models of microscope are reasonably priced and work perfectly fine for me to learn a bit more I've seen a Nikon smz1 and wonder weather that it would be ok and I've seen a few Olympus microscopes on the bay but haven't a clue what models are worth going for if anyone could do me a list of scopes that are ok for engraving I would really appreciate it also I wanted to ask if I had the right objective lense and eye pieces would most sterio microscopes work effectively thanks in advance for anyone who take the time to read this post

don hicks

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone I'm new to engraving have been studying this art for around 6 months I have bought all the equipment I need apart from a microscope ive been doing as much research as I can on choosing a microscope I understand that Olympus Nikon and all the main brands are the ones to go for but I. Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to which models to go for as I'm a beginner I just want something to get me going I don't want to spend a fortune and just wanted to get some insight into what models of microscope are reasonably priced and work perfectly fine for me to learn a bit more I've seen a Nikon smz1 and wonder weather that it would be ok and I've seen a few Olympus microscopes on the bay but haven't a clue what models are worth going for if anyone could do me a list of scopes that are ok for engraving I would really appreciate it also I wanted to ask if I had the right objective lense and eye pieces would most sterio microscopes work effectively thanks in advance for anyone who take the time to read this post
Ryan: Go to Tips Archive follow the links to Stereo MicroScopes. There you will find a list of scopes to buy or avoid and the reasons to avoid certain scopes. Hope this helps.
Don

Latest posts

Sponsors