Microscope

CMaddox

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Question, how many here use a head rest on their scope or feel it may be beneficial? Thank you

Last edited:

CMaddox

i made one. didn't really like it. others swear by them. i swear at them.
Thank you. I just was not sure if it helps with back and neck fatigue or helped your eyes stay centered over your optics? Also is there anything i need to do differently with my posts to get them through approval for everyone to see? Thank you.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
whethher or not it would help is something only you can answer. i'd first try to make one. if it helps you, great. on the other hand, you may find it a hindrance. even if you hang from the ceiling, you must work in comfort. neck, back, and shoulder pain is a real hindrance to practice.

CMaddox

whethher or not it would help is something only you can answer. i'd first try to make one. if it helps you, great. on the other hand, you may find it a hindrance. even if you hang from the ceiling, you must work in comfort. neck, back, and shoulder pain is a real hindrance to practice.
Thank you. I will have to see what works best.

Grayson

I have spent thousands of hours (really) in a biology laboratory looking through stereomicroscopes. I say: adjust your workpiece and chair height so that your neck is comfortable and your arms are relaxed; rest your head on your pillow in bed.

allan621

I used to use one when I worked in a large jewelry store. When I was tired I used to rest my head on the headrest. The other guys around me knew I was taking a five minute semi-nap but all the managers saw was me deeply contemplating my work while thinking about the next cut. When I left working the store to work at home I left the headrest behind.

Grayson is right. The chair height and the arm position are crazy important. If you need the headrest to feel comfortable, check your seating situation.

Allan

Latest posts

Sponsors