Monogram experiment

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
A great piece of cutting. The amazing thing, that is sometimes hard to teach, is to turn the work into the tool. If you look at the position of his hand as he's cutting, it basically stays in place. The only movement of the tool is to roll it over to the right and left to decrease or increase the bevel. Letting the tool do the work and being able to rotate the block smoothy helps make smooth cuts with no stagger marks or dips in the cut.

Its kind of like textbook cutting and the kind of video that beginning engravers should study.

Allan

Last edited:

Spark

A great piece of cutting. The amazing thing, that is sometimes hard to teach, is to turn the work into the tool. If you look at the position of his hand as he's cutting, it basically stays in place. The only movement of the tool is to roll it over to the right and left to decrease or increase the bevel. Letting the tool do the work and being able to rotate the block smoothy helps make smooth cuts with no stagger marks or dips in the cut.

Its kind of like textbook cutting and the kind of video that beginning engravers should study.

Allan
I hadn't noticed my hand staying in place so well, I viewed the video again, that is interesting.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Sponsors