Mummy Hobo

finn

Elite Cafe Member
Along with the other Chiller Diller movies (Frankenstein, Dracula, wolf man, there is the mummy)
So here is the Mummy coin just finished.
The skin texture was hard to get but after much trial and error I used some of my new punches and I like the results hope you do too.

:)

:)

thanks for the great info i have learned on this forum its helping my engraving skills , or i just like to engrave more and im having fun at it.

thank you

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
mummy Nickel

Wow!

Excellent work, the texture on the skin is great. However, to me the grade of the host coin detracts from the work. Kind of like an ugly frame on a beautiful painting. I always try to get nickels where LIBERTY is distinct from the rim. One thing you can try is ask dealers if they have any stained, scratched or slightly damaged hi grade buffalo nickels. Since you are going to alter the majority of the surface, most of these little problems will have no effect on your final carving. Still, a beautiful carving.

Joe Paonessa

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
That's great! What a nice set. With each coin your really getting better on the detail.

Jeff

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Great textures on the coin!!!
I love it. Keep them coming.
The hobo nickel eye candy on this site is getting better every day.
Keith

carl bleile

Elite Cafe Member
very nice, can tell you put a lot of thought into the depth ratios before and during the cutting. i agree with Joe a better nickle would be a plus. it's a little like engraving a gun thats all worn out.

nomentalgiant

Elite Cafe Member
Finn!
This is definitely my favorite coin of the bunch.
I think the texture of his skin looks really rotten and gross...............er, in a good way!

Keep up the good work.

finn

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for the nice comments.

Any of you have an idea for the next coin?

Or a new line of coins with a theme ?

Thanks so far for your input.

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Finn,
I really like Carl's idea. That would be a fantastic series.
How about the three stooges?
I'd really like to see Sherlock Homes. With Pipe and hat. Maybe I've seen that one already. I don't remember. I'll take a look in the Gallery.

Jeff

Latest posts

Sponsors