Help, please: Need FFL in California

Choppers_rule

Elite Cafe Member
Hello,
Does anyone or know anyone in California that’s willing to ship a gun to me in Oregon (I have a FFL).
My customer cannot ship his own gun from CA to me apparently due to the State law and he found one that is willing but will charge him $150 each way.

Thanks in advance,
Denny

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Hello,
Does anyone or know anyone in California that’s willing to ship a gun to me in Oregon (I have a FFL).
My customer cannot ship his own gun from CA to me apparently due to the State law and he found one that is willing but will charge him $150 each way.

Thanks in advance,
Denny
Is that CA state law(?), because it certainly isn't federal. Federal law provides that any lawful US gun owner may send his gun to an FFL for work and receive it back from the FFL when the work is finished. CA DoJ might be the rub there though, because they want you to have a CA DoJ registration, and report to them anything shipped into the state. Your answer may simply be to register with CA DoJ. I would certainly look into it and find out from CA DoJ what you need to do to avoid having to deal with the CA FFL as a middleman. Ban states are a real PITA, and dealing with CA FFLs as you've discovered can be an exercise in frustration. I retired my CA DoJ licensing in 2014 and haven't looked back.

You might try the following link to find an FFL near your customer. If memory serves, you may still need to register with CA DoJ to send the gun back. Good luck! https://www.ffldealernetwork.com/locations