Never put down that graver.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I picked up my engraver for the first time since January 6th. Things sure fall apart quick when you don't practice every day, and my cutting sure reflected that. Pathetic really. Well, just thought I would say; practice, practice, practice!

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Eastslope, I found that to be true in my early days. It took some years for it to become truly ingrained into my mind and body. Brian, on those kinds of days I stop and go do something else not so meticulous. Unfortunately the fishing isn't worth the trouble around here so I have lots of hobbies for the off days.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Glad to know I am not the only one with off days but they are usually more than off, like truly pathetic!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
because of a nasty body tremor that affects my right hand, i've done no really detailed work for maybe a year. i've fired my neurologist. my family doctor has got me on new meds that work very well. it will take me some additional time to let my hand get to where it has to be. i do large work without detail, but it's not the same. i look forward to a tremor free hand, but am curious as heck how this will affect me when i try the fine stuff again.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
While i can`t find the time to cut any engraving, i`m using the tool(s) all day while setting stones so i guess i`m not going rusty in that department.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I applaud anyone that has too many hobbies. It's the same with me. I have so many interests that there are not enough hours in the day to pursue them all.

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Here's a quote from the violinist Jasche Heifetz: "If I don't practice one day, I know it; two days, the critics know it; three days, the public knows it".
My friend Johny Weyerts told me that one several years ago. It sure applies to what we do.

Stewart

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's a good saying Bronc, and the 2 1/2 months has put me back into beginner mode. I also suffer from the wonderful problem of having too many hobbies/projects/jobs and not enough time to pursue any of them with the time they require.

Boris

Life works like that. No one is at the top of their game every day. Some days will be "Diamonds" and some days will be "Stones" and then there is that occasional day thats a "dirt clod." It makes you appreciate the "Diamond" days. Not sure about anyone else, but there are days I stay away from anything that is breakable, and days I stay away from any sharp tools.....such is life and a brand new day follows.

Latest posts

Sponsors