New affordable vise stand

Dean

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thread starter #1
First, a big thank you to Jesse Kaufman for his posting of making and affordable vise stand here..

Thanks Jesse.

( )

After watching it I decide to make one with one modification, I went to Harbor Freight and purchased this grinder vise stand. https://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-bench-grinder-pedestal-68321.html

Ordered the wheel hub and 10 inch gong disc that Jesse suggested, used a piece of old muffler pipe , added the two handles for height adjustments. Made the height to go from 21inches up to 36 inches, works for sitting in a chair or on a taller stool.

All in cost with all parts came to exactly $99.00.

Makes for a very sturdy affordable stand.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dean

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thread starter #3
I know it is north of us here, , getting the fields ready now

wow! thank you.. I'm going to make one for myself. Have been looking on Craigslist for a used drill press to modify and even those cost $200 for a rusted out one where I'm at

Dean, Where did you buy the two attachment handles to make it height adjustable and how did you attach them? Just drill holes and screw them in?

Sorry to say no I am not selling them
This looks like a great economical solution. I need a little more detail more about how you put this thing together - would you mind doing a quick pencil sketch? It would be helpful to have a parts list. For example: What thickness and material was the gong plate? I found 3/8” and 1/2”, aluminum and steel. They all have either ears with holes to hang target, or holes for screw mounting. What modifications did you have to make? Thank you.

Sponsors