Question: New comer and silly questions

Hey there
I am new to engraving and this might be a very silly question but there are no instructions as to how to use thermo loc.
Also how many sticks or how much to use for one job.
Can we reuse thermo loc?
Please can someone answer this ( might be ) silly question.
Cheers
AK

Andrew Biggs

Hi AK

Welcome to the forum

You use as much as you need for a job. After you have used it for a while you can pretty much guess how much will be needed.

Yes, thermolock can be reused all the time. Heat with hair dryer/heat gun or microwave.

But use carefully and don't overheat it as it can stick to and burn your fingers. Place in the microwave for about 20 seconds at a time and keep going until it's warm and pliable.

Cheers
Andrew

Sandy Hello
That is what exacly I was looking for.
You've been great help Thanks a bunch.
I've printed out the instructions in PDF its very useful information for new engravers like me.
I am surprised GRS did not send this info with there 1lb bag of thermoloc I bought from them.

Cheers
Take care
Amir

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the first mistake i made when new to using thermoloc--- i used way too much. i made a board and coated it ith epoxy. i heat the pieces, and take a smaller board, and just roll the pieces back and forth. this way i get nice little "spaghetti" strands of it and no burned fingers. when needed for use, the thin strands warm up quickly and conform to any shape.