New rifles for 2020

jzknives

question.
Aluminum can be engraved? although is more tricky to do/gummy.

Also plastic can be engraved? whats the issue?

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I'm asked to engrave these lower receiver on black guns and I send them to a friend near me at the gun show he has nice laser set up. J.J.

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Hi jzknives, yes, I guess pretty much all metal can be engraved and yes I guess the plastic can be engraved. So, I guess the difference is between, “can be” and ”will be”.

I’m curious how many professional hand engravers attribute even 5% of their income from engraving black Guns.?

Dan

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sporting arms is the only engraving I want to do,not hobo nickle,knifes,jewelry guns and gun parts that's it. J.J.

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Great project(s). Three projects or theme set of three rifles? You stocking them yourself?

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
Every time I go to a gun store I look at guns that are suitable to engrave. There just isn't much I see that I would like to engrave. Older guns are mostly a pleasure to work on. They cut so nicely, but they usually require a lot of preparation and more time spent because of their age. Then you may have work on the stock and if it needs replaced it can cost thousands depending on what you want. Since I am retired and don't depend on engraving as an income I can do what I want. I have done one Italian Uberti single action. It cut much like the older guns. The only drawback is that you have an Italian reproduction and it really doesn't help its value. Purists don't want reproductions. They want finely engraved original.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No particular theme I am not a artist like you, one is done just normal scroll work going in Bastogne Walnut stock.cal 25/45 A blown out .223 to 25 cal.The other two black leaf 6mm arc, 204 Ruger I think. These day I just put chips on the floor or the deep dish pizza pan under my vice.Weaver rifles does the stock’s and barrel work

Latest posts

Sponsors