Not an Elephant, but a Whale of a Tale

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
wish I could have a knife that you engraved someday!!!!

You know Dave, Do I hear a trade in the works?, you know my sorrel colt will be up in the bridle in the next year or so, he would look pretty spiffy sporting one of those sterling braided headstalls you've been doing. Matter of fact I can picture in my mind now, man he looks good.....Oh no he hooked it on a limb! No, don't pull back , ahhhhhh, he pulled back, broke it in half and now it is laying on the ground in pieces. Do you do repair work?:eek:

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Brian, you're getting pretty good at this engraving stuff. ;) The more I look at your work, the more I see neat little things I didn't catch the first time around! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Kalyn in Atlanta!

-Katherine

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian, i was always curious about the roids and the D sizes. Glad you cleared all that up, or at least made me laugh pretty good when it was mentioned/explained. I love your posts. Please, keep it up. Seth

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Absolutely beautiful Brian. Ordinarily I'm not a fan of 'spaghetti' scroll on guns but on a small piece like this it works superbly (especially in gold). Thanks for sharing.

On another note, I wish someone could tell us or do a tutorial on how you guys present your photos like this. I know it's something to do with layering but I haven't a clue how to do it. It makes your presentation look fabulous.

Last edited:

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On another note, I wish someone could tell us or do a tutorial on how you guys present your photos like this. I know it's something to do with layering but I haven't a clue how to do it. It makes your presentation look fabulous.
I did two full Photoshop tutorials some time ago, one was on creating a game scene, the other was about taking a picture of a knife, cutting it out and creating a different background. I don't know if they are still here, if they are, I don't know if the pictures are still with them because I had a Photobucket major delete a while back.

I think Sam said he was going to save them, I don't know if he did, I have'nt checked.

Phil

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil

I found your tutorial here and you're right - the images are unhooked.

During the search I found a reference to Sam's PS tutorial on the main iGraver site - it's here and shows how to cut your images out and replace the backgrounds.

I don't do it enough but I keep it in mind. I have a small collection of things for backgrounds. Next time you have a good cloudy day with a nice looking sky take some pictures of it. They make great backgrounds.

I've also saved some shots from the Astronomy Picture of The Day for use. Scroll back through to some of the really cool shots of the Sun and get the full-size image. You can clip a chunk out of one of them for an incredible background. Here is a good one from their archives. Click through to the full-size image.

Latest posts

Sponsors