Elite Cafe Member
A friend send me this in an email

Attachments

• Scroll work car.jpg
    Scroll work car.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 226

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is COOL. Looks like painted wrought iron? Must have taken a LOT of work to do that.

Peter

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know what things are like in the USA at the moment but over here there are scrolls everywhere. They are used a lot in advertising and also on music tv programs. It makes me laugh as youngsters think they've discovered something new! I think the term they're using for it is 'Grunge' although it's really a form of retro.

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
You are right Marcus, There are a lot of clothing companies here doing the same thing. You have to laugh at it.
That guy should have had someone engrave that car. It would have looked much better.You know that wrought iron work must have cost some bucks. Heck even I can cut a scroll that big. LOL

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Mack, that's pretty fun looking. Do you think Ron Smith needs a car like that? He could also put a big old set of longhorns on the front. Of course it would be much more elaborate.I forgot to mention i have a set of your plans for a belt sander. Never did get around to building it. I really don't think i am mechanically capable. Doug

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Doug, I think I sold that guy a book..........HaHaha

Long live scrolls!!

Ron S

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i did a wrought iron gate one time after too much of the molecule. i think the guy put that gate on his car. even did single line scroll on a tombstone one time. the people wouldn't pay for fancy stuff. in my spare time i did wrought iron. the scroll was very tricky to shade, though !

Attachments

• TOMBSTONE.JPG
    TOMBSTONE.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 34
  • RAIL.JPG
    RAIL.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors