Critique Request One side done

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
So one side is done.
As I wrote in previous thread, I wasn’t ready for this amount of gold or type of engraving style.
It looks fairly good with the naked eye but not through a microscope.
Now I have a question for you full timers.
This scene has taken me about 350 hours, is that normal :thinking:

I have one more side to engrave :handpiece:

63C64270-64E4-477B-8D0C-CF3A01819483.jpg

Please let me know what you think,
The best

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
The amount of time spent indicates to me that you were paying attention to doing it right instead of watching the clock...a good thing in my view! With more experience with the style you will get faster but it will always be time consuming if done to the best of your ability.

PS...I really LIKE it!!

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Sam!
Well I think if I were able to do this one non stop eight hours per day, I could probably save some time but it wouldn’t be many hours. I really don’t mind the hours I just wanted to check and compare with you guys.
But the thought of starting with the other side is making me sick right now.
I think I need a break from it and come back when it feels right again.
The best

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For that quality of work I would say that was not abnormal at all. I do not pay attention to the amount of hours put into a job. Personally I cannot work straight through on a job anyway. I work about 1 1/2 hours at a time then my eyes need a rest. Three to four hours a day is my norm. For top quality work faster is slower in my opinion. Quality is better than quantity. Anybody who wants lots of junk can buy it at K Mart.

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Okej that’s good info because I have to rest every hour due to my neck.
I also have to stand up while sharpening the gravers but that is by choice. I have a weird issue with my neck, don’t know what it is but by putting the sharpener in a way so that I have the stand up was a good trick.
Thank you all guys!

Latest posts

Sponsors