Help, please: Over Under Engraving

ChapEnv

Hi Guys, I'm am new to the forum and wanted to see if anyone is interested in taking on an Over/Under engraving project.

I am planning to buy either a Stainless or Blued O/U (Engravability will determine which finish to purchase), and I wanted to have a brand engraved into it.

With the Stainless alloy receiver, I was considering a carlush frame with a relieving background and the brand is in the positive (I apologize if my terminology is incorrect)

For the Blued Option, I thought the brand in a gold inlay would look nice.

If anyone is interested in this engraving project or can refer me to somebody that might take on the work. please email me directly.

Below are some stock pictures of the O/U as well as conceptual drawings of what I had in mind.

Attachments

• Franchi Engrave JPEG.jpg
    Franchi Engrave JPEG.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Wow, no response,?? sounds like a pretty straight up job. you know what you want. There's plenty of great engravers on this site, someone should respond, someone better than me. Keep me in mind if nobody responds. There are some old pictures of my work in my profile on this forum, and I hope Sam doesn't mind if I mention my other FB page, 'Dave Gibson, Engraver'
. Good luck

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
There appears to be quite a bit of gold involved in this job. It also appears that one of the guns is color case hardened, and the other is possibly nickel plated over case hardened steel. Both of these present problems for engravers, as case hardened metal needs to be annealed before you can engrave it, and you don't want to strip the nickel and then anneal which would be cost prohibitive. Then there is the amount of gold involved as most engravers don't have an abundance of gold just laying around. You need to give any potential engraver a lot more information than you have, and it will not be a cheap job to commission.

Latest posts

Sponsors