Overseas Payment:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I did a whistle for a fellow in France. I charged him a small fee. He replied as to how he should pay me. I really didn't know how to answer him as I've never dealt with anyone in Europe before. He suggested I send him my bank account number as that would be the simplest method.

I really don't like the idea of giving out my bank account number. Anyone on here who has dealt with Europ that can give me advice???

Attachments

• DeGaudens 1.jpg
    DeGaudens 1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 23

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Perhaps you can set up a stand-alone checking account just for this purpose and have the money wired to it. You can then close the account...if your bank will accommodate you.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
PayPal is the best option. Just take in account the fee that PayPal will charge you. If you charged a small fee in your work PayPal may suck all your profit. Your fellow will not pay any fee to PayPal.
Also do not forget to quote the shipping. They are quite high to Europe being the USPS the cheapest one. Couriers are expensive and always past through Customs. This means that it is easily to double the price or even triple of the product at the final end.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Is there such a thing as an International Money Order? Someone suggested this to me but I no nothing about it.?

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Is there such a thing as an International Money Order? Someone suggested this to me but I no nothing about it.?

You can make this in the Post office. Another options is Western Union... but be prepared to pay huge fees.

I (fortunately!) lived many years, as well as John B., in both Continents and can assure you that PayPal is the best option.
I made a lot of operation buying and selling things without any problem.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
As Leonardo said, PayPal is the best option. It provides protection to all parties and you get The money immediately. You also don’t have to worry that a money order gets lost, stolen or is counterfeit. International is more expensive than in country transactions but still worth it.

Takoyaki

Paypal!
Works also very well between Europe and Japan, Japan ~ US,
Europe ~ US!

Safe, fast,
and, my experience, cheaper than the fees for sending from account to account intercontinental!

Reactions: Sam

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
The Frenchman sent me Euro's in the mail. I took them to my bank and there was a $15 charge to process the Euro's. That transaction took them a whole 30 seconds. Is it any wonder why banks have never seen such profits in the history of banking???

Takoyaki

It might be cheaper to open a Euro (FX) account at Ur bank and then send the money in the same bank from one account to the other one?! Also interesting if U re regularly buying (or selling) items in EU, just keep it as Euro in the account!