Announcement: Power Hone

Jim gordon

This is a device I put together to finish the graver.
It seems to work fairly well, I use it frequently during some of my projects. 20220418_153047.jpg 20220418_153045.jpg 20220418_153043.jpg
Click in succession on dest top to see motion.
The Duel angle head levitates on a repulsive magnetic field, can be adjusted to desired pressure on graver.
Sweeping ark is driven by the disk, and small repulsive magnets perpetuate the sweeping motion, the only moving part is the dual angle head (and spinning ceramic disk ofcourse)
Brings perpetual motion to mind, but you do have to turn on the power hone!
So far it appears to work on grinding grit wheels just as well as the ceramic disk.
I have both new and old mast,works on either mast just fine.
When wheel is reversed Cc, the head sweeps very little and often remains nearly motionless, Cc, is my favorite final polish, I generally will sharpen two or three identical gravers, in same session, it the task is demanding.

Last edited:

Jim gordon

Thank you, I have an Egyptian Falcon, 'HORUS' project, I cast 16wing sets for the Falcon ,that's 32 wings, all requiring graving, to remove the casting skin,(looks similar to cast iron under magnification). The wings are Sterling 925.
I call the device 'MOJO', M motion O Orbit, J Jibe, O Oscillator!
My wife said 'Wow, that thing really does the mojo!'.
It stuck.
Works Quite well, it's really for larger projects or production streamlining on hand work that we all love. It's poor man's automation.
Early versions had springs, they also worked very well, one morning magnets came to mind, VOILA!
MOJO rose from the mud of earth, then their was light. Adam had nothing to do with it.
Jim 20220412_232333.jpg

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Good evening Jim, Very intriguing and well executed bit of engineering you have there. Your pieces look quite nice as well. Have a great day. BB

Jim gordon

Thank you BB,
MOJO was a lot of fun, I have alot of magnets left over, they really aren't expensive so it allowed me to keep tweeking the thing.
I'm still discovering things about it. I've only been engraving for a few years so their much about it's practical application that is yet not clear to me yet.
That's why I decided to show it, as experienced artisans might make something from it that is special.
Last year I obtained a 'Disclosure statement' from Glendo LLC, there where no provisions for the vested party in it.( I was very disapointed)
So ofcourse I declined to reveal it.
I am not young anymore, by no means did I want to give it away.
However I do wish to 'share it' with the 'Cafe'.
I love GRS products and would have 'shared it' with them.It's still mine ,and I can share with 'you' and the 'cafe' if I want to. GRS products have been good to me, I wish well on Glendo LLC.
'MOJO' might have a future in the capable hands of Artisans at the 'Cafe'!
If you think about the genius and skill at this site,add up the years of experience,
We could fly to Mars sooner than anyone thought.
Jim

Latest posts

Sponsors