Printable practice designs

Ryan Lockhart

Hi all ive been browsing the internet for some printable practice designs and can't seem to find a awful lot could anyone guide me in the right direction for printable practice designs thanks in advance

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
google search bar. click on images. 10 or so million images there. just be specific on the type images you seek. basic scroll would be a good start.

Ryan Lockhart

Thanks guys also could I ask you what programs do you use to crop resize and print I hate wasting paper by putting one small image into it then the rest gets chucked out

Jim Disbrow

There are so many programs to choose from. As Monk said do a Google search. There are even plenty of free ones. If you don't have the Adobe suite or Corel, just use Microsoft Word. It will do all resizing and importing you will need for practicing.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
If you have a windows computer, irfanview is a great program. Free and you can resize, crop and set the contrast. Very simple to use too..

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks guys also could I ask you what programs do you use to crop resize and print I hate wasting paper by putting one small image into it then the rest gets chucked out
coreldraw does it for me. by the time one learns to draw, and draw well, they lay waste to a whole buncha paper. oh, i nearly forgot, a pencil is more useful than drawing toys. ask anybody that lurketh here.

707chrisa

coreldraw does it for me. by the time one learns to draw, and draw well, they lay waste to a whole buncha paper. oh, i nearly forgot, a pencil is more useful than drawing toys. ask anybody that lurketh here.
True that ! Lurketh best word all week. Although I feel more like a denizen than a luker , but lurketh so cool, I will go with it.

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
If you are strapped for cash and want a way to transfer, I would get a dover book from the Victorian scrolls, tracing paper, and a copy and print printer.
Go over the outlines that interest you and print on your transfer sheets you like or any other method.

Getting your feet wet is the hardest part in drawing so just doing it will alleviate that a little.
Everyone here has given great advise and just want to tell you from someone not as experienced that the pencil will be your best friend or your worst enemy. You get to choose.

And as a final, check out Ken Hunt’s Instagram and Sam’s scroll book. They are the most accessible.
-Good luck and have fun