Printing Transfers Question

Dave Friedman

Dear Engravers,
I am a new student to engraving..... I have had some good success and some problems with making transfers with clear acetate sheets. I am using Tom White's "Transfer Magic". I am following his instructions.
I am using the following supplies/equipment:
~Canon Pixma MG3620 Ink-Jet Printer
~Apollo "Quick Dry" Ink-Jet Printer Transparency Film

Question/Problem: When using the Apollo Transparency Film I get no transfer. Seems ink is so hard and dry?
Before I tried the Apollo, I used regular transparency film and had to roughen up one side so it would be accepted into my printer. The ink took hours to dry. When it did finally dry (after applying heat) it transferred fine. Then my printer wouldn't feed the film at all. When I got a sample transparency film from Tom White, it transferred just fine.

Is it the printer type? Transparency type?

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Dave

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Dave.......the process your using requires either the film from Mr. Tom or I use Pictorico 100 and pretty nice transfers that can be used right away. Rob

algym

Elite Cafe Member
Queridos amigos ... ¿Cómo son esos métodos que usan impresoras de inyección de tinta? ¿Puedes subir fotos de cómo se usan?
Siempre tengo problemas con las transferencias ...
Sería muy importante para mí si puedes ayudarme ...
Saludos desde Argentina..

Borzzza

Elite Cafe Member
Queridos amigos ... ¿Cómo son esos métodos que usan impresoras de inyección de tinta? ¿Puedes subir fotos de cómo se usan?
Siempre tengo problemas con las transferencias ...
Sería muy importante para mí si puedes ayudarme ...
Saludos desde Argentina..

http://twdesignshone.com/xtransc.html

Hey!
Here is the link to instructions, and you can buy transfer liquid and transparent plastic paper too.

Latest posts

Sponsors